Fraser Public Schools Administration Building
33466 Garfield Road
Fraser, MI 48026
Corner of Klein and Garfield
Monday - Friday
8:30 a.m. - 3:00 p.m.
Closed 12:00 - 2:00 p.m. daily
Enrollment Help Desk
Follow our #FraserFamily!
We are where you are! Follow us on your preferred social channel. Look for #FraserFamily
Kindergarten/Young 5s Enrollment Information
Welcome Future Ramblers!
You and your child are about to begin the exciting new experience of starting school. It is during this first year of school that your child’s lifelong understanding of education and learning is formed. Our goal is to ensure your child has a successful first school experience that will help prepare him or her for a lifetime of learning.
Young 5s Program
The program is designed for students who may benefit from an additional year of development, maturity, and building fine and gross motor skills before attending kindergarten.
- The free program is full-day, Monday–Friday.
- Students attending Young Fives will enter kindergarten the following school year.
- The Young Fives curriculum is based on the Michigan Standards for Kindergarten, modified to meet the needs of younger children.
- For students with birthdays between May 1 and December 1
- Specials classes include art, physical education, music and 21st century
- Busing available for resident students
- This program is offered at Edison, Eisenhower and Twain Elementary schools. Additional schools may be added if demand exists.
Brigance Early Childhood Screening
Fraser Public Schools requires all incoming kindergarten and Young 5s students to take the Brigance Early Childhood Screening. The main goal of the readiness assessment is to increase your child’s success in school. This free assessment:
- Takes about 15 minutes
- Assesses school readiness
- Determines each child's strengths and needs
- Provides a baseline for our teachers
- Results are not reported on a report card
Parents/Guardians will set up an appointment once they complete the registration process.