Kindergarten/DK Enrollment Information
Welcome to kindergarten/DK, and in many cases, to Fraser Public Schools!
You and your child are about to begin the exciting new experience of starting school. It is during this first year of school that your child’s lifelong understanding of education and learning are formed. Our goal is to ensure your child has a successful first school experience that will help prepare him or her for a lifetime of learning.
Students must be 5 years old on or before September 1, 2021 to enroll in DK or kindergarten. A waiver is available under the Registration Forms links for students with birthdays between September 1 and December 1.
Fraser Public Schools has an established program for students who may benefit from an additional year of learning before kindergarten.
- Designed for students with birthdays between May 1 and December 1
- Full day, Monday-Friday schedule
- Small class sizes (limited to 17 students)
- Modified kindergarten curriculum
- Certified teachers
- Specials classes include art, physical education, music and 21st century
- Busing available for resident students
- Held at the Dooley Center
Brigance Early Childhood Screening
Fraser Public Schools requires all incoming kindergarten students to take the Brigance Early Childhood Screening. This free assessment:
- Takes about 15 minutes
- Assesses school readiness
- Determines each child's strengths and needs
- Provides a baseline for our teachers
- Results are not reported on a report card
- Helps us identify students for DK
The main goal of the readiness assessment is to increase your child’s success in school.
We are offering the Brigance Assessment beginning June 22, 2021. Please click here to schedule your appointment.
- All staff will wear a mask when at Dooley for Brigance testing.
- Students/parents must wear a mask when entering Dooley at their appointment time.
- Only one family will be allowed in the office at a time. Please wait outside if another family is in the office.
- Parents should self-screen themselves and their children prior to coming to the appointment. Click here for Self-screening.
- Parents will need to confirm that self-screening was done. The office staff will document this confirmation.
- Proper social distancing is encouraged.
- Testing rooms will be disinfected between appointments.
Parent Resource Links
One of the important components of a child’s learning experience is the partnership that exists between the home and the school. We encourage you to become involved in your child’s school and active in their learning.
Below are a few links with additional resources to help prepare your child for Kindergarten.
Links on this page may take you to external websites not maintained by Fraser Public Schools.