Virtual Options for Macomb County Residents
We understand the need to be flexible and provide all families options for learning in an environment that fits their needs.
We are excited to offer a virtual option for all students in grades K-12 and a blended or hybrid option for students in grades 7-12 for the 2020-2021 school year.
Is virtual learning right for my child?
- Students will need a learning coach at home to help facilitate the direct instruction they receive from Fraser teachers.
- Learning will be robust and expectations will be identical to a face-to-face school model.
- Students may need to come to school for key small group instruction and assessments.
- Fraser Public Schools will provide a device (iPad for K-8 and MacBook for 9-12) to every student upon enrollment and completion of the Parent Technology Agreement.
- Students enrolled in Fraser Virtual K-12 will still have access to participate in Fraser athletics, band, choir and student organizations.
Frequently Asked Questions
We know many families have questions about Fraser Virtual K-12, so we have compiled some answers on our FAQ page.
Fraser Virtual Elementary K-6
Elementary students enrolled in Fraser Virtual will still be a part of our Fraser Family and be able to participate in band, choir and student organizations.
In this option, students will need a learning coach at home to help facilitate the direct instruction they receive from Fraser teachers.
Students may have the opportunity to come in for small group instruction; however, this will NOT be mandatory.
The virtual option is not available for our DK program.
Secondary Options for Grades 7-12
- Online learning at home with Fraser teachers providing direct instruction virtually.
- District provides an iPad (for 7-8) or MacBook (9-12) for each student.
- If possible, opportunities to bring in small groups of students for assessment and key instruction
- Secondary students have a full 7 period schedule with Hybrid Courses.
- Classes would not meet every day – allowing for Social Distancing.