If you are not feeling well, you need to report to the Counseling Office to call home or lie down.
If you are in need of ice, you need to report to the Main Office.
The District does not allow the delivery of food and beverages from outside vendors
or fast food establishments for a student’s breakfast or lunch meal. All meals are to be provided by either our Food Service program or prepared at home and sent with your student.
Outside food delivery is a safety concern. Our district school does not want to have strangers and people that we do not know coming to our buildings with delivery bags. It also is a workload issue for office personnel. Managing multiple food deliveries during lunchtime becomes an additional responsibility for our office staff.
The District works hard to provide a variety of healthy, good-tasting food in its cafeterias, and students are always free to bring their own lunch to school. We will continue to follow our past practice of making sure students receive lunch if they forget to bring one from home.
- Locker Decorations - Lockers are to be decorated the afternoon before the birthday celebration. Students are allowed 15 minutes. Students are no longer allowed to go to lockers in the mornings to decorate. Students will need to go to the Main Office after school and get a pass to decorate a friend’s lockers. No more than 4 students will be allowed to decorate a single locker. Students must bring all the supplies they require. Balloons will not be allowed.
- The white bins with the red lids in the hallways are for CANS and PLASTIC BOTTLES only. Please DO NOT put trash in them.
- BUS INFORMATION - Synovia Bus Scanning System The district continuously reviews our safety and security measures, with this in mind we have enacted the new bus security software. RMS students will be asked to scan their Student ID when getting on and off the bus. This will allow us to make sure that students are riding the bus according to board policy. Thank you for your continued support as we work together to keep all of our students safe.
Please be aware that if your student wishes to go home with a friend via an FPS bus, you MUST go on to Fraser’s Transportation website and put in a written request at least “24 hours in advance”. Transportation Request Form Please note that school of choice students are not eligible to ride an FPS bus.
The following is the schedule of days there will be NO Late Bus service available. Late Buses
- MORNING WAITING ZONES: Students must wait in the cafeteria hallway, gym hallway, media center, or wait outside before the 7:55 bell in the morning. You should enter through Door 36 near the gym or use the first hallway if entering through the main entrance and make your way toward the cafeteria. ONLY Band students are permitted to use the back hallway to head to the band room to drop off instruments. Thank you for your assistance in this matter.
- FEES IN POWERSCHOOL: The bottom right corner of your PowerSchool Dashboard shows Fees. All technology fines have been added to PowerSchool. Your parents will also see these fines in their PowerSchool App. Please pay your fines as soon as possible. Can't pay the entire amount? We'll take installments. Not sure WHY you owe money? Stop by the Media Center to find out.
- 8th Graders - You MUST have a zero balance by the end of the school year to be eligible to attend the Joe available field trip. If you don't pay while at RMS, you are not eligible to attend the Homecoming Dance at FHS as a freshman.
- BOOK BIN: The Book Bin is now open in Room 108. Stop by before or after lunch to swap a book from home for a new one!
- WEEKLY SPIRIT DAYS
- Mindset Monday: The growth mindset is based on the belief that our basic qualities are things you can cultivate through our efforts. Although people may differ in every which way-in their initial talents and aptitudes, interest or temperaments-everyone can change and grow through application and experience.
- Bow Tie Tuesday: B.O.W. (Being Optimistic Wins) On Tuesdays, you will see Mr. Julian wearing a bow tie. It is a symbol for remembering that being optimistic wins. Join Mr. Julian and wear your bow tie!
- RMS Wednesday: Wear your RMS organization/club t-shirt.
- College Thursday: Wear your favorite college wear.
- Fraser Friday: Show your Fraser/Richards Middle School pride by wearing blue and/or gold.
- CELL PHONES: All cell phones should be off, not seen, and not heard on school grounds during school hours. Cell phones that are seen and/or heard during school hours will be confiscated and held in the office for parent/guardian pick up.
- RMS Lunch Menu
- KROGER COMMUNITY REWARDS: Would you like to help RMS earn some funds to help defray the costs of field trips, transportation, etc? Ask your parents to sign up for the Kroger Community Rewards Program. It doesn't cost a thing. Kroger Rewards and use NPO#42763 and your Kroger card to enroll.
- RMS KNIGHTS NOOK: If you would like to have a parent/grandparent come into volunteer for the RMS School Store during lunches. We are looking looking for volunteers on Mondays, Wednesdays & Fridays. Please have them go to our SignUpGenius and sign up.
- RMS CONCESSION STAND: We are looking for parents to volunteer at our concession stand, outside the gym, during athletic events. Would you have a parent/grandparent interested in helping out? Please have them go to our SignUpGenius for dates.
- District Calendar is constantly being updated. Click here for information.