Grades 7-8 Frequently Asked Questions
Finishing the Year Strong
Below outlines the next steps in the process for closing out the school year and having your child FINISH STRONG:
- Students and families need time to process through all of their work virtually in order to complete assignments and assessments
- Also, students will be at different places in their courses and need an opportunity to catch up and remediate.
- And, our teachers will need time to assess completed work and provide feedback so that students can adjust and improve their learning before the end of the school year.
Therefore, we will be putting the following protocols in place:
- No new assignments/assessments will be posted after the week of May 26th.
- Students will have the following two weeks (the week of June 1st and June 8th) to complete any missing assignments/assessments.
- Instructional hours will continue to support our students’ learning for the remainder of the school year.
- Any previous zeros on an assignment that is completed before the end of the school year, can still be awarded full credit if the work is acceptable.
- Our staff will update their PowerSchool Gradebooks on a progression to assist with understanding what assignments have been or needs to be completed.
The following dates are when missing assignments will be converted to zeros in PowerSchool:
Converting (!) Missing assignments into zeros in PowerSchool Gradebook
The Week Of “ ” assignments and assessments
The weeks of 4/20/20 and 4/27/20 assignments
The week of 5/4/20 assignments
The week of 5/11/20 assignments
The week of 5/18/20 assignments
The week of 5/26/20 assignments
Mr. Julian and Mrs. Robinson hosted class meeting webinars on April 21. The recordings of the meetings are posted below. In order to view the RMS videos, you must be logged into Edpuzzle. You might already have and know your Edpuzzle logins. If not, we created a generic username and password any student can use to access the videos.
Username = rms_student
Password = fraser
FAQ About Course Grades
Based on feedback received from students and parents, we have developed the following list of frequently asked questions. As information continues to rapidly evolve and additional plans are developed, this page will be updated to reflect those changes and/or additions. We appreciate your patience as all questions cannot be answered at this time.
Parents with specific questions about their students are encouraged to contact their school principals or teachers.
Will student work be graded from March 13 - June 12?
Yes, student work will be graded. Students will also be given the opportunity to remediate/resubmit work to improve their grade. All work completed after the school closure on March 13 will be recorded in the Fourth Quarter grade book.
What if a student doesn't complete any work during this time?
Students who do not turn in work and/or pass all competencies/learning objectives with a passing course grade could receive an Incomplete “I”. Teachers will reach out to students/parents in an attempt to avoid earning an Incomplete grade. If an “I” is earned, students will be given the opportunity to recover credit (“CR” on the transcript with administrator approval) to be determined on an individual basis at a later date.
What if students are not able to connect or are not engaged in remote learning content?
It is recommended that a student who is not able to be engaged, or who chooses to disengage, in remote learning should receive an incomplete or no grade. Teachers will document every attempt made to engage the student and take into consideration if students are experiencing circumstances out of their control.
Will there be assessments during this time?
There may be assessments given where possible and practical. Performance tasks that assess competency/learning objectives for a grade must have a posted rubric.
Will missing work need to be made up when students return to school?
Where possible, the content from remote learning should be made up after the transition back to regular in-person school attendance resumes - within the first 10 weeks (or perhaps summer school, etc.).
When should student work be completed by?
All student work must be completed and submitted to teachers by June 12. However, teachers are able to set internal earlier timelines starting June 8.
Will there be final exams?
No, there will be no formal final exams.