- Fraser Public Schools
- Enrollment Options
- Remote Learning Homepage
- Community Conversations
- Continuity of Learning Plan
- District Communications
- Enrollment Options Beginning November 30
- Extended Continuity of Learning Plan
- Fraser Virtual K-12
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Return to School Plan 2020-2021
- Summer Learning
- Technology Support
Enrollment Options Beginning November 30
Enrollment Selection Form - Complete by October 30
We encourage all families to make a decision to select Face-to-Face or Virtual based upon what they feel is best for their child and family. We realize these are difficult choices, but we need to be able to support all families as best we can, and we know everyone has different needs.
Please click the appropriate button above to access the enrollment selection form. This needs to be completed by October 30th, 2020. If you choose not to complete this form, your child will be placed in our Face-to-Face option. If you are having difficulty with this decision, please reach out to your building principal. They can help with processing through these choices.
Additional Elementary Information
- The current small group cohorts will continue meeting through Thursday, November 19th.
- Whether you choose to stay Virtual or move to the Face-to-Face model, your classroom teacher could change.
- Class sizes will be impacted. Enrollment will drive the class size numbers, and we cannot guarantee class sizes to be under 15. They will follow our traditional class size guidelines.
- Families that select our virtual option will be able to return to their home school in the Fall of 2021.
- Virtual Learning will have increased connection times. By having a teacher dedicated to virtual student classrooms, we are able to provide families with more virtual support and instructional time. You will be able to have daily morning meetings and time with teachers on Fridays.
- SACC will be transitioning from full-day to the traditional before- and after-school model. More information will be shared soon.
Additional Secondary Information
- Families have two choices to make by October 30th.
- November 30th - January 22nd (Virtual or Face-to-Face)
- January 25th - Second Semester (Virtual or Face-to-Face)
- Families will need to make their decision for either the Virtual or Face-to-Face option now for Second Semester. We will begin re-scheduling virtual students for Second Semester in December. Therefore, after December 1st, we can not honor requests to change options for the Second Semester. We need to be able to schedule students and assign staff to courses. This would have typically been completed already under normal circumstances.
- Families that select the Virtual Option may select classes that are only offered Face-to-Face. Students will need to attend those classes in-person. Transportation will not be provided. For example, band, choir, and certain CTE courses are only available in a Face-to-Face Model Second Semester.
- The decision to return to Face-to-Face Instruction was made after hours of discussion with our Board of Education and district leadership.
- When we adopted our Return to Learn Plan, it was required that we review that plan every month and look for ways to bring students back into school. We have decided now is the time to begin implementing those increased opportunities.
- We will be making this transition on November 30th. We realize these are difficult choices, but we need to be able to support all families as best we can, and we know everyone has different needs.
- We encourage you to make a decision for Face-to-Face or Virtual based upon what you feel is best for your child and family.
- In moving forward with these two options, our virtual families will have a teacher focused on just virtual students. Our Face-to-Face families will have a teacher focused on just face-to-face students. This provides a more structured experience and gives our teachers the opportunity to focus on the instructional practices that work best for that environment. Currently, our staff is working with both groups of children.
- We have prioritized transitioning our elementary students first. This was a state-wide priority. It also closely coordinates with the 1st Trimester at these buildings. Secondary students will fully transition at the start of 2nd Semester.
- The District may revert to an all-virtual model if we are directed to by state or local health officials.
- Face-to-Face students will be required to wear a face mask. Please note social distancing and other mitigation strategies will be encouraged.