January 2024 - Inclement Weather Update
Dear Parents and Students,
As winter weather is upon us, Fraser Public Schools would like to communicate our plan of school closures and potential schedule disruptions to help you be more prepared. When making these decisions, student safety is our top priority.
As a county, we work together and have additional experts providing support to help make the most informed decision possible. We use NOAA, National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration, for our weather information.
Parents/Guardians make the final decision about whether or not to send their children to school if they believe weather conditions present a safety issue. Please follow our normal process for reporting your child's absence.
When my office makes the decision to close a school or the entire district, or have an early dismissal or late arrival situation, the following methods will be taken to inform you:
- Every effort will be made to make the final decision by 4:45 a.m., except in extenuating circumstances or rapidly changing conditions.
- You will receive a text/phone call and email School Messenger confirmation. If your contact information has changed since the first day of the 2023-24 school year, please update it with the front office of your school to ensure you will be contacted through this system.
- To reinforce the confirmed closures, delays, etc., we will also share with local news, District social media (Facebook, X/Twitter and Instagram) and the district website.
- When the school schedule has been disrupted, extracurricular activities will be canceled for all elementary and middle schools. For high school, a determination will be made later in the day and relevant communication will be delivered to you via the athletic director, district, or principal. If there is a change, it will be communicated by the district.
- School closings will apply to a single day, unless otherwise communicated.
Thank you so much for your attention and assistance in these procedures.